Monday, June 6, 2011

Introduction to the Creative Team: Part 1, Blake Hester.

Well, it’s been another week, and things continue to pick up steam. I wanted to use this week’s blog to start telling you guys, as promised, about the creative minds behind this project. The first guy I would like to introduce to you is the Producer, Blake Hester. Blake has been a part of the Providence project since the beginning, and has stuck with the movie through thick and thin, even when it looked like the idea may not be realized. We want to thank Blake for his continued work on this project and his commitment to making this movie as professional and creative as it can be. There’s no man around better suited for the Producer’s seat. I had a chance to ask Blake a few questions this week; hopefully they can shed more light on him and his story.


KB: What was your experience in Hollywood as an intern like?

BH: It was a very positive experience for me. I was able to learn the ins and outs of a major television network and was able to see a show develop from concept to air. I was able to see, meet, and sit in on interviews with some pretty major Hollywood stars, including Denzel Washington, Will Ferrell, and Gerard Butler to name a few. That experience, along with a few others where I have had a chance to work on some major Hollywood sets, have really helped me develop a feel for the industry itself. It was fun for that short period, but not a working environment where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. I want to be a part of productions that have true meaning and have the ability to change people for the greater good, that's why I'm a part of Team Providence.


KB: What drew you to film, and why production?

BH: I've always loved film. I have a huge movie collection of close to 500 movies and it's just been something I've kept up with and followed since I was about 13 or 14. I've always been intrigued by the creative arts and the ability to tell a story through the art of film. However, I never really considered working in film, or production of any kind for that matter, until my 2nd year of college. I had a chance to work on some major film sets that year and also took my first trip to LA and toured some big studios and sets. I guess all of that just kinda lit a fire under me and while it had always been an interest, after that year I knew that I wanted to work in production for good.
I really enjoy being able to see a project being built from the ground up and in being able to produce a film, I am able to work in many facets of the production at one time, although it can be crazy at times, it's something that I love doing.


KB: What would you say is your biggest talent?

BH: I would say probably the best thing that I have been blessed with is my ability to multi-task and organize. That may seem like an oxymoron because most of the time when you think multi-task, you think crazy, lots of things going on at the same time. But I have found that I can work pretty efficiently on a number of different things and stay well organized at the same time...without losing my mind... that's the key, and that's why I consider it a blessing. It definitely helps when youre producing a film too and there's a thousand different things going on at once.


KB: Favorite Actor/Actress?

BH: Tough question. I have a lot, not sure I can narrow it down to one or two. The main favorites are Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet and Natalie Portman.


Still Thankful,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment