Monday, June 20, 2011

Introduction to the Creative Team: Part 2, Keone Fuqua.

Another week has flown by, and the team has solidified into a rather large group. I walked in to our last team meeting and finally realized, “Wow, this is a lot of people.” And not only that, it’s a group of professionals and creative minds that should be amazing to work with. This week I want to introduce another one of those “creative minds” behind the providence project; Keone Fuqua, Assistant Director. I had a chance to catch up with Keone and ask him a few questions this week, and here is what he had to say…


KB: How long have you been working in theater? Did you go to school for it?

KF: Been working in theatre for 8 years, and in film/TV for 12 years. I went to school for both theatre and film, but got my MFA in the theatre from Southern Miss, with an emphasis in both acting and directing.


KB: What's your career goal?

KF: I've reached most of my goals...working as director, actor and jack-of-all trades in both industries, as well as teaching my passion. I would like to have a strong major acting role in a feature film, and direct film again in the future. I would also like to direct some opera.


KB: What made you want to be a part of the Providence Project? Are you excited about it?

KF: I was lead to the Providence Project by Tom Stout, who introduced me to Jeff Galle (Creator, Executive Producer). From there we discovered that we've actually heard a lot about one another, and Jeff and I kept moving forward. We shared discussions about our faith and passions, which lead to more team building and belief in developing a film guided by that faith and passion. Yes, I am very excited about it. Jeff calls Providence "God's little movie." We are taking on a giant. Producing and making a movie is no easy task, but it is being done by this team. We are not even little fish in a big pond...we are a speck of dust in a vast universe, but we can be carried by the wind and momentum. We move forward to be guided by God's glory, and hopefully make an inspiring impact in Mobile. And where it goes further than that, we give to Him. What's not exciting about that?


KB: And lastly, who is your favorite actor/actress, and your favorite movie?

KF: Sorry...there are too many actors and actresses and movies that I respect and appreciate for me to name an absolute favorite.


Still thankful,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment