Saturday, May 5, 2012

Production Log 5


Hey guys!

Mobile has finally come back to character and rained on us, but thankfully it was just for one day, and I am almost thankful for that. The chance we had yesterday to hang out as an entire cast and crew  – while stuck under the pavilion – was truly a memory I will keep with me forever. I don’t know how often things like that happen, but I would imagine it’s not often. Everyone was gathered around in a circle, watching our friend Clayton dance to High School Musical songs and Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”. The entire cast and crew then danced to the “Electric Slide” while our Director of Photography used his iphone to capture everything, trying to get all the angles, (which was extremely hilarious to see)! It was hilarious and memorable. We all just laughed and joked and just enjoyed the fact that we were alive, and on a movie set! What a blessing. I’ll remember that day for the rest of my life.

So, as I have mentioned a few other times, and will probably mention again in the future, I am working with the Extras for Yellow Day. It’s been an absolute blast working with these guys. They are some truly amazing people. Some of you, when I said that, may have thought “Well of course, he’s just calling them amazing as a courtesy.” However, the person that thinks this would be making a huge oversight. As I’ve gotten to know these Extras, I’ve truly come to love and appreciate these guys. Our Extras are not just random bodies in the background of our film; what these Extras have done is allow Yellow Day to be the film that it is going to be. Some of them have gone so far above and beyond in trying to help out and be a part of this movie that I have been completely blown away. COMPLETELY.

Jeff told me that many times people were skeptical about ANYONE wanting to wake up at 5, take off of work, miss class leading up to exam week (for some), and sacrifice 12 hours out of their day to come volunteer to be Extras for us.
Jeff’s answer?

“The Church will. People will. Cause they’ll believe in our vision.”

…and they have. When I see our Extra’s now, I don’t think of them as numbers, these are real people making real sacrifices for a movie that they are excited about and believe in. I hope when you see pictures of them on our facebook and twitter pages that this is the kind of attitude you have toward them as well. When I say our Extras are amazing, I really mean it.

Also, we are almost at 500 likes on facebook!!!! If you haven’t, go like our page! We need your support!

-KB

2 comments:

  1. Kyle, we all decided that as much as we enjoy reading your blog, we would absolutely LOVE to see your picture on it. Please trade the former little cartoon character for your handsome face so everyone can meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are awesome, Mrs. Burns!!!

    ReplyDelete