Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Production Log 4

Hey guys!

We just got off our weekend break and are hard at work again filming Yellow Day. This week happens to be one of the longest and craziest of them all for my team. I’m officially a part of the Casting Production Assistants, and this week is the week that we need hundreds of extras for different days and for different scenes etc. It can be really easy to overlook the Extras P.A’s a lot of the time. The only reasons that you would know they are there usually is if something goes wrong! So, for the past few days we’ve been re-calling and confirming all of our Extras again, making sure no one has backed out, and that they all have the info they need to get to set and know what to bring. When you are dealing with 200 Extras in one day, it can be a logistical headache. Thankfully, everything has gone extremely well for us regarding all of this so far, and so we would simply ask that you pray we continue to get the people we need for the days we need, and that no one backs out!

This morning I was here on-set at 5:30! Needless to say it was a really early morning and I never got much sleep (I'm still going to school during this shoot). In times like that, we can often be tempted by our natural natures and by our lack of sleep to be grumpy and to complain. I felt myself veering toward that mindset this morning, but then something beautiful happened. I was sitting in my car, and I looked up to the sun starting to hint over the horizon. There was a slight mist hovering over the earth, and the sun sent glistening rays of light shining through the haze. Horses stood behind white fences, eating and enjoying their time. I remembered then just how blessed I am to be a part of something like this. God reminded me through his creation just how blessed I am to be alive at all. It was a beautiful moment for me. We all need those sometimes.  
Other than that, our shoot is going really well. Everything seems to be running like clockwork, and everyone – truly – seems to be enjoying their time here in Mobile and the time on-set making the movie. It helps that Camp Grace is a gorgeous place to shoot!


That’s all for now, much more to come!

-KB

1 comment:

  1. I Have moments like that. In fact, one day it seemed that everything was going wrong and the thought ran through my head "this is just one of 'those' days." Well, immediately the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear and said "why is it that you notice all the things going wrong in your life but never brag about all the things that go right." Wow! So now when I think I'm having "one of those days", it's a day of blessings - which is most everyday!

    ReplyDelete